Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Going to Remind Him of This


Sam's experiencing a growth spurt. He's getting taller and stronger rapidly. Yet, when I say something like, "You're growing up so fast," his response is to gape in horror. I didn't really understand until today at lunch.

"I'm really not looking forward to being a teenager," he said.

"Why not, Sam?" I asked, laughingly, for when he says something like that out of the blue I know it's going to be a good insight.

"Because I don't want to lose my logic and start walking around without my shirt with tattoos or something looking really goofy like I see a bunch of the teenagers doing. What's next?! Start walking completely in just underwear since we can see some of the underwear anyway already. And then, I saw a guy walking around with green hair sticking up."

"Don't worry, Sam. I will tell you if you start looking ridiculous."

He shook his head seriously. "No, by then, I'll have lost my logic and think you're out of your mind."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joan said...

He's right you know.

Becky Bartlett said...

He is such a funny insightful little guy!!