Monday, April 13, 2009

Little Debate - Please Help

Mike and I are having a friendly little debate that we thought you could help us with. See that poll to the side of the blog? Let us know your thoughts...
That, and, also, in the comments section tell us if you know the answer to this question:
Is the corn you eat/grow in your garden the same as what is grown in the fields of Iowa?

Deep thoughts. It's a Monday. My head hurts.

Oh, and Katarina has updated her alliekats blog if you're interested.

3 comments:

The Farwells said...

From what I understand there are 2 types of corn grown, sweet corn and seed corn. The sweet corn is the same as what we eat out of the can but the seed corn is used for feed, ethanol, ground up, etc. I just asked Nolan the other day about popcorn... where is that grown? hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I thought most of the corn grown in Iowa is seed corn.

Becky Bartlett said...

My answer is the same as Katie's. I'd say most all of the corn in Iowa is seed corn. But there are people who do grow sweet corn also so we can buy it from their roadside pickups!! :) Mmmmmm....