Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still Smiling

Sam was sick the second day of school with the worst hay fever allergy attack I've ever seen. It started the night of the first day and lasted over 24 hours. But finally, once he was able to fall asleep the second night, it went away. I attribute the sudden clear up to him FINALLY getting a full night of sleep and the awesome hot steam humidifier we got recently, despite the fact it brings up memories.

Anyway, on the third day he brought home papers from school. The first, he explained, was from when they played a game. You've heard of two truths and a lie, no doubt. Well it's the same except two lies and a truth. Mike and I eagerly wanted to know what he picked.

1. My favorite thing to do is video games.

2. Obama is a good president, in my opinion.

3. I have a sideways lightning bolt shaped wrinkle.

We started laughing, Mike and I both sure which one was the truth.

"Everybody got it wrong," Sam said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, no one guessed the wrinkle."

Mike and I looked at each other, both confused. "What?"

Then Sam proceeded to make the funniest face we'd ever seen, contorting his eyebrows funny ways until Anabelle said nonchalantly, "There."

Sam relaxed. Apparently these two had spent time discussing his SIDEWAYS lightning bolt shaped wrinkle on his forehead.

We couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Well I learned something new about you too," I said.

"But Sam, if video games aren't your favorite thing to do, what is?" Mike asked, later.

Sam pursed his lips. "I don't know... maybe Chuck E. Cheese?"

"Where," Katarina said, authoritatively, "you use tokens to play video games."

"Nah," Sam replied. "You get tickets and have to stop after a couple minutes. Doesn't count as video games."

I'd take a picture of the sideways lightning bolt wrinkle if I could, but I never could see what they were talking about. That probably means I'm a muggle.

No comments: