Sunday, August 15, 2010

PhotoJournalists

So I've been wanting to go this Rose Garden that's in the heart of the city for quite some time, but mention to the gang, "Hey, wanna go stare at some roses for like an hour?" and blank stares are accompanied by drool and often, fainting, so this time I packed up a picnic and instructed everyone to bring a camera and Didn't Tell Them Where We Were Going.

Cameras-- on a total tangent-- Remember when we had only 24 shots to work with and had to pay money for the film and the developing and had to wait for days until it was done and there was no editing unless you had a scanner... I'm still in awe. And going on a tangent like this makes me feel old. Anyhoo, I got home and asked the kids to hand over their SD cards. I imported a whopping 329 photos. Sheesh. And, found out that during my peaceful rose garden walk that the kids were quite busy. I deleted a third of the photos, but was surprised that two-thirds were really quite good... and/or entertaining.

Here, for mostly my personal enjoyment, is a video slideshow of all the photos my little photographers took in the course of 45 minutes. The video itself is about six minutes -- I'm trying to become bi-lingual so this is my first Windows movie (I speak Mac) and the captions didn't go where they were supposed to and the processor had problems with the music - in the big pause just imagine a rockin' sax solo - so... just enjoy the pics, and it looks better if you keep it orginal size -- full screen is available at a whopping 75 mb. (:

No comments: