Friday, August 13, 2010

New Law

We've reached that point in summer where we've spent so much time together that in spite of enjoying the time together, we (as in me), are ready for a little time apart. But I also know that just as soon as school starts, we (as in me), will also be immediately ready for some quality family time together. As such, I am purposely not focusing on the frustrations of summer such as the constant stream of dirty dishes into my sink, the constant movement of toys and books around the house, and the absence of quiet at all times. Instead I'm focusing on the best moment of the day.

Today's best moment was a trip to the pool and watching the kids pretend to be penguins dancing in the ocean, then seeing them pretend to be synchronized swimmers in a dramatic fashion. (It was very funny.)

Then I got home and after cleaning the kitchen for what must have been the tenth time that day, the children walked in the kitchen and got out a most messy snack. I had a "THAT'S IT!" moment followed by a nice little reminder lesson on cleaning up after themselves and what that looked like.

Katarina smiled. "Great. It's the No Crumb Left Behind Act."

Sam burst out laughing. She's too funny for her own good. But I'll admit it, it's my new favorite moment of the day.

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Your kids are so funny!! :)