Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Catch All

Ever since the wedding, the girls have been keen on trying new things with their hair.

Translation: Mom, will you....?

I'm having fun with it. Admittedly, I'm no hairstylist but I'm gradually getting better. Last night, Kat wanted two tight braids before she went to bed (for super wavy hair this morning). When I was done, I leaned back, admiring my work and said, "From behind you look like an American Girl doll!"

Then I proceeded to experiment wrapping her waist-long braids up and around her forehead to which she responded, "Except unlike a doll, I have a nervous system!"
Hmm... apparently I pulled a little much.


Sam has grown a new appreciation for Legos, especially anticipating our turn at the new Lego Harry Potter Wii games (which look hilarious) that we've requested from the library. Yes, you know times have changed when you can check out DS and Wii games from your local library!

Anyway, our living room became Lego-topia for a few days.


Given Mom's ability to only cope with one night of outdoor camping, I promised the kids they could camp in the backyard. Except we found out that not even two airbeds fit in our big tent. Anabelle didn't mind deflating them.
So since the kids couldn't have airbeds, they decided to grab a smaller tent and sleep in style (thanks, Uncle Greg!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: