Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Training Up A Child

Like most, I believe part of my job as a mom is to teach and train my children in the running of a household--that and I need to delegate some things to get or it won't all get done!
That brings me to Saturday. Sam has been cleaning his toilet once a week for the last year but I've continued to scrub the baths. Now that we have our own master bath (aaahhhhhh), the kids need to scrub the bath. I bring Sam in and explain that he can scrub the sides of the shower down while he showers but that once a week he needs to disinfect the floor and sides of the tub. I often use baking soda and vinegar but for the first time I brought out the Soft Scrub. I love the lemon smell. Ever safety conscious, I explain to Sam that he should always point the cap away from his face when he opens the Soft Scrub should any squirt out.
"What would happen if it squirted me in the eyes?"he asked.
"It would burn. It would be horrible. We'd have to throw water in your eyes for several minutes."
He nodded and walked out of the bathroom.
"Where are you going?!?" I shouted after him, on my knees holding a sponge.
He walked back in wearing glasses. "Okay," he says with a nod. "I'm ready. My eyes already look like they're burning but really they're protected."
Here's his cleaning gear:


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leah said...

smart kid!

Becky Bartlett said...

Hilarious. I love your kids!

Unknown said...

A very wise young man.