Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Long Way Home

I loved it! Another reviewer said it was a teenage version of "24." I haven't seen the television show, but as a fan of The Bourne Supremacy series, I saw a lot of similarities as the plot starts with everyone wanting to kill the seventeen-year old black belt teenager who has no memory of the last year of his life.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson for review, and when I first opened the package I wasn't very impressed by the cover, but don't let that stop you because after page one you won't be able to put it down. This is book 2 of the series, and I never read the first book, but found it every bit as enjoyable as a stand-alone novel. Kudos to the writer for being able to write constant action so detailed it felt like a movie but concise enough to keep it a page-turner.

If you're worried about starting the book and not being able to put it down, then I have the following suggestion - when you reach the part where you're laughing, put it down. If you don't, you won't sleep until the book is done. Intended for the YA market, my daughter couldn't wait to get her hands on it with this mom's instructions to start it on a weekend, and my husband is in line after her. A fun adventure and we will definitely be purchasing book 3 when it comes out! 5 out of 5 booklights.

No comments: