Friday, February 5, 2010

Anabelle

It's that time of year again. Within a week, my two baby girls will age. First, it's Anabelle's turn tomorrow. As January approached, I remember pondering that my youngest turning six seemed more of a milestone than when she turned five. Having a five year old still means you're a mom of little ones. But as of tomorrow my little one will be six years old and I will be officially a mom of school-age children. I'm thankful that starting a blog in hopes of staying connected with family and friends forced me to write down some of the little kid moments the last three years.
But back to Anabelle... she is in bed at this moment, squeezing her eyes shut with a big smile on her face. I tiptoed in to check on her and she whispered, "I'm too excited."
Mike is working late tonight switching IP addresses over at a company - he is loving the technology industry - it complements his musical skills and usually the musician schedule very well. Anyway, he'll come home late tonight, and assuming I stop blogging, he'll be greeted with a living room full of animals.

Stuffed animals that is.

Anabelle is having a Pet Shop themed party and I must admit, I really enjoy finding games and fun stuff to do for a party out of things we have around the house. It's a creative challenge that I love - the challenge to 'transform' my living room into another world for my children to play in without spending money. I intend to fully enjoy their smiles and imagination tomorrow (before I pass out) as I know there won't be too many years left before those themed, 'use-your-imagination' parties will be replaced with sleepovers, gossiping, and prank calls.

Enough sentimental ramblings. My little girl is six tomorrow. YAY!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe how fast she has grown up. I love listening to her stories and her joy in life.