Monday, January 18, 2010

Random


Dave Barry always said preschoolers receive transmissions from Planet Random. Hence, the funny things they say. Our entire household must get transmissions because you never know what will be said at the dinner table or hanging out in the living room.
Unfortunately, I don't remember half of them that made me laugh.

Above, you'll notice Sam got a camera for Christmas. Unfortunately, it has this Sponge Bob feature (I loathe Bob) that he can attach to any photo. He has produced quite a few funny shots. I'm sure you'll see more later as he gradually grants me photo rights. I made the mistake of ordering a few photography books for Katarina- one on the how-to process and the other on the business of photography. Sam showed more interest.

Anabelle caught me by surprise yesterday by asking the dog, "Do you want to make yellow snow?" Then she proceeded to let him out.
She also has this uncanny habit of making all her sentences rhyme and then acting (and I do mean acting) outraged that she 'accidentally' keeps doing that. It's still cute enough to make me laugh each time.

Sam received a Paper Airplane kit that has a plane for each day. Just like he read the Jokelypedia from cover to cover, he takes the daily challenge seriously. Not a day goes by without a plane getting stuck in my hair.

Thanks to the great weather today, we visited the playground and let the kids play. As Katarina and Anabelle began to leave for neighbor's house, I called out to Katarina, "Make sure to keep an eye on your sister!"
In all sincerity, Anabelle replied, "OKAY!"

Katarina is into filmaking currently and will assuredly be posting some new things in the future. She knows me well enough that the hilarious and note-worthy things she does lately are followed with, "Mom, don't put that in the blog!"

Mike and I got hooked on a show called "Doc Martin" about a surgeon who develops a fear of blood. It's bizarre and funny and wierd. I can't get the theme song out of my head. Thankfully the long weekend allowed us to sit back and watch several episodes. I don't remember the last time I relaxed so much - it was great!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: