Thursday, March 25, 2010

Revolve

Are you a talkaholic? Want beauty home remedies from the Bible? What does your wardrobe say about you? Are you a digital junkie?
I admit that when I saw all the articles in something that was supposed to be a Bible, but looked like a magazine, I was tempted to check it out myself. But being a mom that is also excited to see her daughter in the Word, I took it to her first.
She took a look at it and cringed. Her eyes and shoulders sagged into begrudged acceptance as I asked her to check it out. Two days later, however, I saw her light on in her room past curfew - she was TOTALLY into it. "Yeah," she admitted with a smile, "it's not bad."
For those of you not in tween world, that's the equivalent of 'it rocks.'
She let me take a look at it, though, and I'm impressed. It really is the Bible except instead of commentaries it's sidebars of stuff to check out, practical ways to live it in a teen's real world, and fun Facebook-like walls to explain a biblical character's background and life.
It's just the New Testament but I give it 5 book lights, and my daughter does too. Thanks to Thomas Nelson for providing this book for review. Click on the cover art if you want to check it out too.

No comments: