Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How Many Days?

I just got home from an amazing, marvelous, wonderful dress rehearsal. And I don't just say that because my daughter is in it, and she's amazing, marvelous, and wonderful. The whole show made me smile. Sam commented on the way home how much hard work he was guessing it took to put on a good show like that made from kids.
Anabelle declared that she WOULD have liked it a lot... if she had been in it too. Then she switched to the obvious question, "How many days until Christmas?"
As it's the 25th, I simply said, "it's a month away."
She gasped and I expected whimpering, like she did in the youtube video we made 2 years back (for those who don't remember, we decorated the tree the day after thanksgiving and then she pouted because there were no presents under the tree yet.)
Instead of the whining, she YELLED - "I can HANDLE THAT!" Her little fist hit the air. "I can TOTALLY handle that!"

No comments: